This policy sets out how Jaybro NZ Limited (we) collects, uses and discloses personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (i.e. a natural person) (you).
We comply with the applicable privacy laws, including the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (Act).
You can find out further information about the Act at www.privacy.org.nz.
2. Personal information we collect
We collect personal information about you, including:
- your name;
- your date of birth and/or age;
- your contact details (e.g. postal address, email address, phone number);
- information required to verify your identity;
- your username and password for our website;
- about your interactions with us;
- your computer or network (e.g. browser identifiers/fingerprints, IP address, network information) and how you use our website;
- your billing information (e.g. credit card, purchase history);
- credit and financial information, including information to establish your credit worthiness or eligibility to obtain credit; and
- any other personal information you provide to us, whether in our credit application form, any correspondence or transactions we may have with you, or any other means.
3. How we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information from you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via:
- our website;
- an electronic form or application, including our credit application form or a purchase order;
- a registration process, when you create an account with us, and subsequent account activity;
- our contact with you (e.g. in person or by phone, virtual meeting, email or mail);
- our records and transaction history with you; and
- any other means authorised or requested by you
We may also collect your personal information from:
- publicly available sources; and
- third parties, where you have authorised or requested us to do so.
4. Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information when it is necessary for a purpose connected with a function or activity that we carry out, including to:
- verify your identity;
- provide you with and/or deliver requested products and services;
- provide you with information about our products and services, such as providing you with a quotation or responding to an enquiry by you;
- market, manage and enhance our products and services, including personalising communications and advertising to the products and services in which you are interested and sending you communications about our products and services;
- improve the way we provide or advertise our products and services;
- bill and get paid by you (e.g. authorising and processing credit card transactions);
- communicate and build a relationship with you;
- carry out credit checks and obtain credit references on you, including assessing the eligibility of a guarantor, under an application for credit;
- carry out research and statistical analysis (on an anonymous basis);
- analyse customer feedback and future customer needs;
- protect and/or enforce our rights and interests;
- when you apply to be employed or contracted by us, for recruitment, employment and contracting purposes;
- comply with any regulatory and/or legal obligations; and
- fulfil any other purpose authorised or requested by you.
5. Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- other companies or entities within the Jaybro group of companies
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of conducting a credit check on you;
- insurance investigators and fraud checking enquirers;
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory or government authority);
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and solicitors;
- your employer or organisation; and
- any other person authorised or requested by you.
We may store personal information within services provided by cloud service providers based in New Zealand or overseas.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information without your written consent.
6. Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is securely stored and safe from loss, unauthorised activity or misuse, and will take reasonable steps to ensure that any authorised recipient of your personal information does the same. However, please be aware that the internet is not a secure environment. If you send us any information over the internet (in whatever way or format), you send it at your own risk.
7. If information is not provided
If you do not provide all or any part of the personal information we request, you may be unable to set up an account with us and/or we may be unable to provide (or continue to provide) products and services to you.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You can ask for the personal information we hold about you (if it is readily retrievably by us). Before we provide any information to you, we will need evidence that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
If your personal information is wrong, you can ask for it to be corrected. If we consider that the correction is reasonable (and we are reasonably able to make the correction), we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
We use ‘cookies’ on our websites. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. They are small text files that are placed on your computer by the websites that you visit.
10. Your consent
By providing information to us (in whatever way or format), you consent to us collecting, using and disclosing that information in accordance with this policy and the Act.
11. Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy to our website. The revised policy will apply from the date it is available on our website or is otherwise provided to you (whichever is earlier).
12. Contacting us
To submit a request, or otherwise contact us in connection with this policy, please contact us by email for the attention of our privacy officer Delano Chesler at email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our address is 8-10 Hannigan Drive, Saint Johns, Auckland.